The Fine Print
If you have a problem with anything mentioned below, please (please) let us know right away. We’d like to sort this kind of thing out before getting started. It’s much easier than having to send the dogs after you later.
If you have any questions about these policies, please contact D.I.-Why.
TERMS OF SERVICE
1. The cost of web development does NOT include purchase of web design or web domain. If you hire us to fix a busted link, we’re not “also” redesigning your website for you.
2. For those needing to purchase hosting, D.I.-Why recommends Bluehost.com.
3. Lack of client response for a period of ten (10) days or more may result in full charges being rendered for your project. In the event this happens D.I.-Why will resume your project once contact is made, but no refunds will be given.
4. We will work with your graphic designer if provided, but make no promises that their work will translate to an online/web format. In that event, D.I.-Why reserves the right to add or include our designer to your project on a case by case basis.
5. Additional charges may be incurred by client if requests are made outside the scope of the project as discussed or agreed to. These charges include, but are not limited to, additional design, feature development, ad budgets, or rush orders (reduced deadlines).
CONSULTING & SOCIAL MEDIA WORK
1. All consulting is done on a monthly basis with rates agreed to prior to commencement.
2. The first month’s payment is due in order for any work to begin.
3. Unless otherwise agreed, monthly invoices will be sent on the 15th of each month and due the 1st of the following month. For example, an invoice sent on January 15th will be due roughly 2 weeks later on February 1st. Late fees accrue starting on February 2nd.
4. Clients may cancel consulting and social media services with 30 days written/email notice.
1. 50% payment is due up front for all web design, mobile web design, and graphic design projects. Work will not begin until this payment is recelved. Final payment is due when the site is launched unless otherwise specified and agreed to.
2. For all consulting and social media work, the entire payment (or 1st month of consulting rates) are due up front Work will not begin until these payments are received.
3. If you are having a website built in addition to other consulting work, 50% payment for the website along with the first month of consulting or social media work is due up front. Work will not begin until payment is received.
4. Late payments will incur a 2% late fee compounded monthly.
5. Returned checks will incur a $50 fee in addition to any bank fees.
Last Updated 3/21/14